- Definition: The lightness or darkness of an object or portion of a design, regardless of color, is its value. Sometimes grouped with color, value is a color-related element of design.
- Value is inherent in a design as soon as any image is placed in the format
- Animals and insects utilize value as a defense. mechanism by assuming shades of the environment to protect themselves from predators.
- The greater the difference in value between the object and its background, the greater the contrast.
- You can acheive contrast without value (example: using shapes and textures)
- Zip: Value